Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Painting with glue

So,I am still working on my organizer from the upcycled baking pan which you can see here. I saw on Pinterest someone  painted their candlestick with glue and wanted to try it to see if it works.

Here is what I used:

  • Elmers white craft glue (Glue-all)
  • Green food coloring

I poured a small bit of glue in a cup(see photo below on how much/little glue I used) and put a few drops of the coloring.Then I started to paint on it. It looked messy and uneven. There were some blobs forming on the candlestick so I had to keep touching up with the glue paint. We left and went to church and by the time I came back, it was too late to see the actual effect. The next morning  when I woke up, I saw it really did work! The candlestick did have a see through painted look!
Now,please note that I have not wet it since but I am sure that this is for decorative use only since the "paint" may come off. Maybe some kind of sealer will hold the "paint".
And I am still working on this organizer and will be blogging in the near future about this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment