Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Organizer from an old baking pan

I hate to throw away stuff and maybe that is why I have so much junk around me.I always feel that there is a use for them.I have a round baking pan that was starting to show rust and wanted to upcycle it,so I took a  used candlestick.You can get them at the dollar store or maybe at yardsales and flea markets.I was trying to figure out how to get rid of the rust and concluded that hey, maybe sandpaper would work.It did.


Next, I Mod Podged a picture onto the inside of the pan where I had smoothened with sandpaper. The only thing I did not like was there was a few ripples after Mod Podge-ing. I still have to get the hang of doing it right but you get the idea.
To glue the pan to the candlestick, I used Elmer's household cement. I will post more on the organizer as I work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment