Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Juicing to lose weight

Yesterday was my birthday and I decided that I was going to get me a juicer so I told hubby not to buy me any gifts.I would get the juicer as a gift. I went to Wally World and got one. I was so anxious to try it out.I went to 3 different supermarkets to get fruits and vegetables on sale. When I got home, I washed the parts out in warm water. Then, I washed the veggies and fruits, read the instructions and assembly and juiced!!! I was kind of worried but it came out pretty fine except that I think I should have used a half of a lemon instead.It was a bit on the sour side.

Here is what I used:

  • 3 small apples (I cored them)
  • baby kale leaves
  • 4 celery sticks
  • 1 lemon (whole)
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/4 head of broccoli
I had been watching "Fat,Sick and Nearly Dead" on Netflix and thought that maybe I should try this juicing for rebooting my system.I am so tired of my weight gains. I had been doing a mile on my treadmill, a little cardio salsa and a few crunches but it seems as if nothing is really working. According to Joe Cross (the guy who started it all), juicing can help detox your body. It is recommended using 80% veggies and 20% fruit.



This juicer is really powerful and who'd believe that you can get a whole lot of vegetables in a glass!!! It is like drinking V8 without having to worry about the processing.You get the natural vitamins and minerals!!!

                                               This is so embarrassing but I weigh 157.8 lbs!! Somehow the decimal did not show up when I took the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment