Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 5 of juicing and lost 1.5 pounds!

It is day 5 of my juicing. Every day, I subsituted one meal and drank a mixture of veggie and fruit juice. I usually do it at lunch because I love my breakfast!!! There is no set ingredients that I have used except that I use what I have available. I have used baby kale, celery, broccoli, assorted apples, mangoes, carrots, oranges.
This morning, I went healthy food shopping. First I went to Kroger because they had their curly kales at $1.49 each. I bought me 2 bundles. After checking out, I thought my bill was pretty high (over $84). As I was leaving the store, I checked my receipt and lo and behold, the cashier had entered 23 bundles of kale and it cost me over $34 before tax just for the kale alone instead of $2.98!!! I had to go to customer service where they refunded me.
I went to Aldi's and a Hispanic grocery where I got veggies and fruits at super prices.I got a one pound bag of carrots for $0.50 a bag, avocadoes for $0.39 each, cucumbers for $0.49 each and kiwis for $0.20 each!!! I also bought more assorted apples, papaya, ginger root, spinach, radishes,celery, parsley, grapefruit,strawberries, mangoes, limes, pears and tomatoes! I tell you that I bought home a load of veggies that I have to squeeze them in my refrigerator. The fruits could stay out.
I just made me some juice with apples, carrots, kale, spinach, ginger, strawberries, cucumber, a lemon wedge, an orange and a kiwi. I am forcing to drink it because the ginger is so overpowering!!!!! I only used a small piece about the size of 2 Coca Cola plastic lids. Note to self, just use about a quarter of that amount!!! It is so making it hard for me finish this drink!

Would you believe I paid $1.99 a bag for these fruits!!!!

I got these pineapples for $0.99 cents each!!!

My veggie draw crammed

Trying to squeeze the tomatoes, celery and onions on a shelf

Cucmbers galore taking up another crisper

My drink I made today with the ginger---ugh! The red color is from the carrots and strawberries

This last pic is of my 2nd day juicing. I used mangoes, kale, carrots, apples, celery, broccoli. This one tasted better than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment