Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Recycled tin can

Well, I finally got a little time to work on crafting. I have tons of empty tin cans that I had washed and put up to be crafted on.Here is one that I got done.
This can was a garbanzo can. I love garbanzos! I washed it and dried it first. Then, I used Mod Podge to stick scalloped circles onto it.I had tons of scalloped circles punched from wallpaper. You can just use a rectangular shaped paper to stick yours on but because I had lots of these circles, I needed to get rid of them and this was one way to do it.
After adhering the circles, I waited until it was dried before adding a fabric flower,topped by a felt circle and pearl bead. I also added a strip of ribbon scrap on the bottom. Another scalloped paper circle went on the underneath of the can. You can add whatever embellishments you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment