Here is how I made it:
*Boneless,skinless chicken breasts cut up in chunks.I used about a pound
* Seaonings to taste. I used salt, black pepper, garlic powder and parsley to season my chicken after cutting it up and washing it.
*Any kind of veggies.I used the frozen Kroger brand soup mix that I got on sale for $1.00 a pack.
*1 small can evaporated milk
*1 can chicken broth
*flour to make dumplings (about 1-1/2 cups)
*potatoes- cut into small cubes
*parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top before eating
- First I cut the chicken and seasoned it. Then I let it set for about 15 minutes.
- Next I put some olive oil in a pot and sauteed the chicken chunks until they turned completely white.
- Then I added the frozen vegetables and cubed potatoes and stirred it up until the excess liquid is burnt off.
- I added the evaporated milk and the chicken broth.
- In the meantime,I kneaded the flour with some water to make a soft dough.
- When the liquid in the pot was boiling,I added small balls of dumplings.
- You can add extra water to the pot in case there is not enough liquid to boil everything.
The main ingredients that needs time to cook are the chicken,potatoes and dumplings and these should all be done in less than half an hour. You can season to taste.I love to add parmesan cheese on mine.